In previous monologues I’ve suggested that real spiritual development has nothing to do developing super powers or transcending the body and everything to do cultivating awareness of mind and body and living fully within the body. In today’s walk and talk, I explore some of the same ground I explored in TSM 108 – suggesting how we might move through our senses deep into the body and integrate all that arises into our awareness and in so doing, deepen the well of experience.
For those who are interested in learning ET contact, might I suggest you begin by learning how to deepen the well of experience. Begin with the body and the body will grow !
Enjoy ! 😉
I was thinking last night that there were a few things that I missed yesterday, in my unplanned discussion about meditation. So here’s a little more on meditation. In this talk, I discuss :
- Dadaji’s idea of the Doer and how it relates to meditation
- Ramana Maharshi’s idea of the I Thought and how it relates to the Self and meditation
- Objects of meditation – both internal and external; their purpose and function
- How best to approach meditation and mindfulness.
Relevant links :
- The Flower Sermon : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_Sermon
- Ramana Maharshi on the I Thought : http://bhagavan-ramana.org/selfenquirytheory.html / http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/teachings/instructions/
- Dadaji on the Doer : http://www.dadaji.info/QWHO.HTM?id=