TSM96 : The Joy of Ageing
I’ve always envied people who were older than me and as I approach 50, I feel a real sense of excitement about where I’m at in life and what is to come. In this monologue I reflect on ageing, by exploring :
- The negative baggage associated with physical and mental changes
- Our fears of dying
- The joy of ageing and old age
- The importance of accepting ageing
- The benefits of old age and why it’s worth looking forward to getting older
- The best and worst kinds of ageing
- Grumpy phases
- Transcending the fears associated with ageing and embracing the wonder of getting older
- Moving through the passage of perpetual grief and growing through resilience
- The choice we all have about how to age.
You wont find any sympathy or regret in this monologue.
You may wish to skip the first 23 minutes and my wishing to provide my sick sister with a means to fulfill a lifelong dream. I was having a hard time with her illness and seeing her suffering.
Relevant links :
I can’t recommend the writings of Marie De Hennezel, particularly her books on dying and ageing. Unfortunately most of her books are in French but at least two of them are in English.
May you enjoy People of Earth.
Bright Tadpole. 😉